Minds in the 21st century.

When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

Arthur C. Clarke's 1 law.


At the present rate of progress, it is almost impossible to imagine any technical feat that cannot be achieved - if it can be achieved at all - within the next few hundred years.

Arthur C. Clarke, 1983.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Keywords from Homepage

Extracting Keywords for a WebSite is big business (E.g. see Google AdWords).
Still, on my Website I have just entered keywords, and hoped that people would be able to locate my texts, in their favorite search engine...

Obviously, there is a lot more that can be done.

I have recently tried to verify that my (manually entered) keywords are actually accurately.
Used a machine to verify, and on all the pages I tried this on, my own manually entered keywords seemed to be rather accurate...
So far, so good.

I then handed WordItOut the complete texts from a number of selected pages from my Website.
Keywords were calculated and graphical presentations made, beautiful stuff...

Post 1: 1776, a close call with destiny.
Calculated Keywords: British, Washington, Army.

Post 2: Antipatterns. Refactoring Software.
Calculated Keywords: AntiPattern, Management, Solution.

Post 3: Connectome.
Calculated Keywords: Brain, Neurons, Connectome.

Post 4: The Emotion Machine. - Commonsense thinking.
Calculated Keywords: Goals, Minsky, Emotion.

Post 5: Roboticide and Robot Love.
Calculated Keywords: Love, Robots, Asimov.

Post 6: True Blue - John Adams.
Calculated Keywords: John Adams, Revolution, Jefferson.

Post 7: Visit to the Ishiguro Robot Lab
Calculated Keywords: Future, Human, ReplieeQ.

Summarized: Homepage.
Calculated Keywords: About, People, Brain.

Surprise, my Website is about People and Minds :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment